Mike McGann on Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:27:03 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Usurping

On Feb 12, 2008 10:20 PM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I disagree.  I think the 2 paragraphs create 2 separate ways to Usurp
> a Ministry, either as a simple Game Action or as a Game Action
> dependent of support, which the Player can choose from if eligible.
> The second does not claim to restrict the first; both of them describe
> something a Player MAY do, and do not claim that a player MAY NOT do
> the other.

A is in the form:

May do X unless Y.

B is in the form:

May do X with Z.

If Y is true, X cannot be done according to A, but it can be done with
Z according to B.

If Y is false, then you have one sentence that reads "May do X" and
another that reads "May do X with Z". That's why I said that B applies
an additional restriction on A. Both A and B allow X to be done in
this case, but B requires Z.

- Hose