Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:38:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Creating Contract

It's a scam, people :-D

Get him to change this so he transfers the rapier to you first before you
rent from him.

Right now, you give him m5 and he is free to leave the contract (and the
obligation) before ever getting around to give you the rapier. Minor scam,
but hey :-p

If he gave you the rapier first, then you wouldn't be free to leave the
contract till you gave him the rapier back, which I think is only fair. I
also think Codae should change this so that you're not free to leave until
you've paid him, which would protect him too.

Contract law provides no means for prosecution of individuals who have
gotten out of contract obligations by simply leaving the contract...

Consumer Advocate Billy Pilgrim