Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:47:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A Proposal or two

On Jan 28, 2008 6:00 PM, comex <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 28, 2008 4:52 PM, ihope <ihope127@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I submit a Proposal titled "Auctions":
>
> Does not make it possible for auctions to exist for currencies other
> than macks.  (Whether that is a necessary feature is up to the
> voters.)
>
> > I submit a Proposal titled "Dog Days":

> players by 1/2 each every nweek.  I predict rapid inflation of vote
> power.

Me too. I'd prefer if the lucky dog only got to increase 1 or a couple other
players' VP. Also maybe only changing vp once the current voting period is
over. Also, if this starts happening perhaps Quiggle needs to be redefined
(half of the sum of all active players' VP or somesuch). Also perhaps the
dog days auction needs a name to differentiate it from other auctions.

> > I submit a Proposal titled "Contracts":
> > A Contract may declare things that are not the word "cheese" to be
> > Game Objects. A Contract may declare a Contract Attribute of itself by
> > specifying its Scope, its Range, and its Default Value. Contract
> > Attributes are a type of Attribute. A Contract may specify changes to
> > one of its Contract Attributes, which are carried out as stated in the
> > A Contract may declare things to be Contract Actions of
> > itself. A player may make a Contract Action as a Game Action; when
> > this does, the appropriate part of the defining Contract is carried
> > out.
> There's no reason why a contract couldn't define, say, repealing Rule
> 4E1 as a Contract Action.

Or define the guy who typed this proposal as a game object. trapped within
the game!

> > Contracts are device owner objects, which may transfer ownership of
> > their devices and destroy them as they say, unless a Rule states
> > otherwise. Contracts are also currency owning objects and may give
> > currency and exchange points for currency as they say, unless a Rule
> > states otherwise. [[They can also have points.]] When a Contract comes
> > into existence, its mackerel is immediately set to 0.}}
>
> Generalize for Game Actions?
>
> > I submit a Proposal titled "Supporting/Objecting stuff":
> >
> > {In Rule 21, replace "if, and only if, N Players do not object to the
> > action." with "if, and only if, at least N Players do not object to
> > the action." In Rule 22, replace "An action that must be performed
> > with N supporters occurs after N Players support the action." with "An
> > action that must be performed with N supporters occurs after at least
> > N Players support the action."}
>
> This doesn't do anything and makes the rules more confusing than they
> already are (difficult).
> > I submit a Proposal titled "Three":
> >
> > {Add a Rule, titled "Three", with the text of "The number 3 is a Game
> Object."}
>
> Is Three an Outsider?

Three is definitely an external force (or, if you prefer, the concept of 3
is) and we could have its projection into the game defined as an outsider (a
type of game object).

I submit the following proposal:
Create a new Rule that reads: "2 + 2 = 5".
Not really, this isn't the public forum.

Billy Pilgrim