Geoffrey Spear on Sat, 26 Jan 2008 19:47:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Ministry of Probability

On Jan 26, 2008 8:40 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Create a new Rule, entitled "The Ministry of Probability", with the
> following text:
> {
> There exists a Ministry known as the Ministry of Probability. The Minister
> of Probability, also known as the Croupier, is responsible for generating
> randomized (but potentially weighted, if called for) outcomes whenever a
> Rule, Device, Game Action, or other change to the state of the Game requires
> it (unless another mode of randomization or another Minister is also called
> on). The Minister of Probability must announce his method for doing so to
> the Public Forum [[e.g. I will get nomic.net's dice server to mail a result
> of either 1 or 2 to the Public Forum, with 1 representing Heads and 2
> representing Tails]] before generating the outcome.
> }
>
> Comments? I think the wording is awkward.

I'd much prefer individual rules, etc. to specify a means of
generating random numbers when they're created; allowing a Minister to
determine the method is too open for abuse.

--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/