Roger Hicks on Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:30:28 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Win By Tomfoolery

On Jan 17, 2008 6:39 PM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Spencer Baugh wrote:
> > Sigh. I don't want to do it, but I like the faction rules. I set my Mental
> > State to Paranoid.
> >
> The faction rules as written are broken irreparably. If we leave the
> faction rules in place, three people (the number of people who actively
> participate in the KwsB) will effectively control which proposals are
> passed as of next nweek. Our solution neatly sews up the loop-hole
> completely, with no unnecessary side-effects. Yes, factions go away, but
> if factions are a wanted feature of b-nomic, we should have consensus on
> how to do it without breaking the game. That isn't possible with a
> Faction in the game that controls how the votes go.

I disagree. I think factions would be balanced if factional vote power
were set to 25% of the previous nweek's amount instead of 75%. This
would still give players a small advantage for banding into factions
without invalidating the votes of factionless players.

BobTHJ