Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:36:17 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: B abhors a vacuum

On 1/18/08, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Proposal:  B abhors a vacuum
>
> Amend Rule 4E53 (Ministerial Obligations) by replacing this text:
>
>       Any Ministry which fails to perform an obligation within the
>       allotted time is vacated.
>
> with this text:
>
>       Any Ministry which fails to perform an obligation within the
>       allotted time may be usurped by any player for free, provided
>       that he performs the obligation in the same message.

I'm not sure this works in its current version. It's fine for obligations
like assigning a priest, which are done in the public forum. but public
displays, which are also a ministerial obligation, are usually updated on
the wiki (they could be done by email, yes, but transferring from the wiki
could require some work...). I'm not sure how to suggest an improvement,
because giving the usurper the obligation to fulfill the obligations within
a certain time after claiming to usurp would come out pretty similar to
Wooble's existing proposal on this, which essentially grants another Jiffy.
Making the usurper update the wiki before usurping might also be difficult,
especially if 2 players are doing it at the same time. who gets to usurp? do
i get to do it if all i updated was a typo correction?

BP