Ed Murphy on Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:22:56 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] Question for the Referee

Billy Pilgrim wrote:

> When the Evolve action is performed, is the status of each cell (and, in
> consequence, the possible colour change it undergoes) evaluated
> simultaneously, from the state of the board immediately before the Evolve
> actions was performed?
>
> OR
>
> Is the status of each cell evaluated only after the status of the previous
> cell (in order by Priority list) has changed?

The Evolve action explicitly states the former.  I believe this falls
under Rule 4E58 item 1 and not item 2, so it works as advertised.

Incidentally, not that it should matter (per the above), but I think
the Priority List is supposed to be in random order, since all 25
cells were created simultaneously.