ihope on Wed, 2 Jan 2008 08:13:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Life

On 1/1/08, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds interesting. A few questions:
>
> 1) I can join as a player on the null team and thus tweak any square on the
> board to null, right? BUT there is absolutely no way to win as a null
> player... Is this correct?

No. You can only tweak cells that are either null or the color of your
Team, so the only cells you can tweak are null cells, and you can only
tweak them to null. For that matter, you don't get to pick your Team;
that's chosen randomly.

> 2) How is the Advantage of the Field determined? And what happens during
> Evolving if whatever mechanism is used to determine Advantage also gives a
> tie, then how do you break ties?

Advantage is chosen randomly at the beginning of the game and
apparently never changes.

--Ivan Hope CXXVII