Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:11:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Loopholes, scamming, etc.

Personally, I think exploiting loopholes and scamming are part of the point
of (most) nomics. In this particular nomic, players are concerned with
achieving victory. If this requires the use of a scam (which is, by the way,
almost a prerequisite to attain the Win by Dictatorship victory
condition...), then so be it.

>From Wikipedia:

'Another facet of Nomic is the way in which the implementation of the rules
affects the way the game of Nomic itself works. ThermoNomic, for example,
has a ruleset in which rule changes are carefully considered before
implementation, and rules are rarely introduced which provide loopholes for
the players to exploit. B Nomic <http://b.nomic.net/>, by contrast, was once
described by one of its players as "the equivalent of throwing logical hand
grenades."'

I think I remember that post...

That said, B Nomic is still a game, which brings me to two points:

1) Sportsmanship should be observed.

2) B Nomic should remain Fun.

Fun and Sportsmanship can have fuzzy definitions, so I won't bother
venturing my own.

Billy Pilgrim