Geoffrey Spear on Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:47:13 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] What kind of Forum is spoon-notices?

On Dec 29, 2007 10:37 PM, ihope <ihope127@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 9:28 PM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I answer this Consultation "Yes".
> >
> > {{
> > Designate the Forum consisting of the mailing list with the address
> > spoon-notices@xxxxxxxxx as Public.
> > }}
> >
> > --Priest Wooble
>
> I don't think spoon-notices should be Public. If I'm not mistaken, all
> Game Actions have been in spoon-business for quite a while; making
> another Forum Public would allow Game Actions to be made there as
> well. It seems to me we could just make it a Discussion Forum, or even
> leave it Private; I don't see any good reason for making it Public.
>
> Then again, making spoon-notices Public probably wouldn't cause any
> major problems, and there may be some good reasons for doing so. I
> don't know.

Having 2 non-discussion fora with different purposes works well for
Agora.  I'm not sure we really need 2, but the second one exists and
my Oracularity sets the gamestate to be what it probably was intended
to be when it was created.  If the Question had been whether it is
Public now, I'd have been forced to do some extra digging through the
archive beyond the 10 minutes I already did, which didn't turn up
anything conclusive.

--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/