Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:55:07 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] Let's be civil...

So, I could submit a consultation on the matter, or perhaps attempt to
exploit the matter, but I won't. Mainly because I am leaving and probably
won't be around for the day.

It looks like proposal 219 (Usurping Revised) is going to pass. My question,
then, is this: will the players to whom ministries are assigned at the end
of the nweek automatically hold the same ministries at the start of next
nweek (in which case Codae's coup/uncoup has no effect) or not?

Proposals pass and become historical "when Voting ends", i.e. at the end of
the nweek. Ministries are vacated "at the end of each nweek" under the
current ruleset, but not under usurping revised. This question also applies
to ministerial rewards. Rewards are clearly distributed before ministries
are vacated, but it is unclear whether these two changes occur before or
after the rule changes enacted by proposals. If before, every individual who
holds a ministry gets a single reward. If after, individuals get a reward
for each ministry they've held since the start of the nweek.

I'm not familiar with any past consultations on this but I wouldn't be
surprised if there had been before I started playing. Can any older players
enlighten me?

Depending on whether anything comes of it, I plan to submit a proposal to
eliminate this confusion in the future. I'm thinking right now of just
making the proposals rule stipulate that changes enacted by proposals occur
after all other events or game actions scheduled for the end of an nweek.

In terms of being civil, if no past consultation has given a clear answer on
what happens first, my suggestion is this: can everyone who holds a ministry
at the end of this nweek vacate it at the start of next nweek? You can grab
it right back if you like... This will just make any questions on the matter
moot (i.e. someone doesn't vacate and then on nday 4 I say hey, no one ever
grabbed the MoL and I think it's vacant, therefore the clock never started,
etc etc etc) for this particular matter.

Billy Pilgrim