Ed Murphy on Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:22:10 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Clean Up Order Effects

Billy Pilgrim wrote:

> I submit the following proposal, entitled "Clean Up Order Effects"
> {
> In Rule 1-10, replace the third paragraph by the following:
> {{
> An Outsider may post a message to a Public Forum specifying that he will
> perform a specified Game Action at a specified time in the future, with
> reference either to The Clock or to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). A Game
> Action performed in this manner takes place at the time specified by the
> Outsider, defaulting to the start of any period of time unless otherwise
> specified by the Outsider [[*e.g.* if one writes "I do X on nday 8", X
> happens at the start of nday 8]]. If multiple Game Actions are set to be
> performed in this manner at the same time, they occur in the order they
> arrived at the appropriate forum.
> }}
> }

While you're at it, I recommend defining a Minister of Time (aka The
Doctor, as someone else suggested a few weeks back) and requiring them
to maintain a Public Display of pending future actions.  Especially
important if someone declares e.g. "On nday 1 of nweek 200, I do X".