0x44 on Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:55:55 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] Proposal 214 concerns.

BobTHJ,

    I am concerned about your changes to the rule numbering. I think
everyone agrees that persistent rule numbering is important for
historical referencing, but I think your proposal goes too far. Instead
of numbering each rule with a persistent id, and only that id, why don't
we keep the current system and add persistent ids? Then we get the
benefit of a permanent historical reference, while at the same time
maintaining the logical grouping the sections have.

    I'd suggest revising your proposal to permit the Rulekeeper to
denote existing rules primarily by purely aesthetic numbers of his
choosing to make for more logical organization while leaving the
persistent number there as well.

    For example:
       Section 3: General
          Rule 3-1: The Temporal Prime Directive (4e28)
          {rule text}
    as opposed to:
       Section 3: General
       4e28: The Temporal Prime Directive

The current system is better organized and aesthetically pleasing than
your proposed system, and we shouldn't scrap that when we upgrade.

Thanks to Billy Pilgrim for convincing me how both systems could be
combined without loss to either, and for convincing me to play nicely.

0x44;