Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:43:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal/RFC: The Code of Life

On Dec 17, 2007 11:36 AM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2007 10:43 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 17, 2007 10:27 AM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Or how about this: If a player votes at all (on any proposal...) before
> > > mutating, he may not vote after mutating. If he wants to mutate before
> > > voting at all that is fine too.
> >
> > Only allow Mutating until the Clock is started on Ballotday?  Of
> > course you could always get a rogue MoC submitting Proposals at 23:59
> > UTC and starting the Clock immediately after 0:00 to penalize his
> > twins.
> >
> > On the other hand, an Abuse of Power misdemeanor could nip that in the
> > bud.
> >

> Too easy to scam even if one is not MoC. Usually takes relatively little
> time for the MoC to publish a ballot, probably usually happens too fast for
> player B to notice that player A has submitted a proposal (even where
> neither player is MoC).
>
> Which also makes me think: it would also be relatively easy to get around a
> misdemeanor charge if I was in cahoots with whoever is MoC, where  we
> essentially perform the actions you listed (I submit, he publishes) in quick
> succession but clearly no responsibility can be pinned down on either one of
> us for Abuse of Power.
>
> Would there be some way of including provisions for such or other cahoots in
> Criminal law? I'm not sure how, just asking.

Propose a rule making Criminal Conspiracy illegal?  I'm not sure how
you'd prove such a thing without being able to subpoena email
archives, but on the other hand our Consultations don't exactly place
any burden of proof on anyone; enough of an appearance of guilt to
convince a Priest and enough claims of consistency is all you really
need.
--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/