Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:36:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal/RFC: The Code of Life

On Dec 17, 2007 10:43 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2007 10:27 AM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Or how about this: If a player votes at all (on any proposal...) before
> > mutating, he may not vote after mutating. If he wants to mutate before
> > voting at all that is fine too.
>
> Only allow Mutating until the Clock is started on Ballotday?  Of
> course you could always get a rogue MoC submitting Proposals at 23:59
> UTC and starting the Clock immediately after 0:00 to penalize his
> twins.
>
> On the other hand, an Abuse of Power misdemeanor could nip that in the
> bud.

Too easy to scam even if one is not MoC. Usually takes relatively little
time for the MoC to publish a ballot, probably usually happens too fast for
player B to notice that player A has submitted a proposal (even where
neither player is MoC).

Which also makes me think: it would also be relatively easy to get around a
misdemeanor charge if I was in cahoots with whoever is MoC, where  we
essentially perform the actions you listed (I submit, he publishes) in quick
succession but clearly no responsibility can be pinned down on either one of
us for Abuse of Power.

Would there be some way of including provisions for such or other cahoots in
Criminal law? I'm not sure how, just asking.

Billy Pilgrim