Jamie Dallaire on Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:56:35 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal/RFC: The Code of Life

On Dec 16, 2007 10:35 PM, Justin Ahmann <quesmarktion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> First of all--it should be "two-character-strings," not "two character
> strings."

Yes, indeed. That could have been a point for argument. Will make this and
other modifications you suggested after a little while in case other people
comment.

> Second, the dice server results return A, B, G, and C, instead of A, T, G,
> and C.

Touché.

> Third, to get new DNA, maybe we should stick in that
> Players-are-not-Players-until-recognition-by-the-Registrar clause, and have
> him draw up the genetics for new Players.  Alternatively, all new Players
> could start with the AA genome.

Yes. I just need to figure out whether Registration procedure will be
changed... What would be better: random genome, pick-your-own-genome, or
default AA (which could make that part of the DNA scene strategically
interesting to inhabit, in particular)?

> Interesting proposal!  As Artisan, I might make a blueprint for something
> based on genetics (which, of course, will be useless until/unless this
> proposal passes.).

Ooooo. UV gun to mutate foes?

> Codae

Billy Pilgrim