comex on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:07:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] My RP: Set everything.

On 12/14/07, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> NEW: I already described this above, but the new system (if the bugs
> are corrected) maintains a definite gamestate to within a day.
Definite gamestate is good for:
* consultations
* proposals
* player validity
* etc...
where mistakes being recognized as such generally just mean pita -->
fix the gamestate to be as close as possible to if it was valid.  I'm
okay with the validity system for that stuff.

On the other hand, with macks and any future subgames, I would much
prefer a Platonic system, with ratification only after-- say-- an
nweek, because a mistake can give players false advantages.  For
example, -- with the validity system-- let's say I go into the Reading
Room thinking that I can, and the next day BobTHJ does as well.  But
after BobTHJ does it, someone realizes that neither of us were really
allowed in the Reading Room, and declares his action Invalid.  The
result is that I'm in there and BobTHJ isn't.

here's some random links btw

http://www.nomic.net/~nomicwiki/index.php/PragmatismAndPlatonismThesis
http://www.nomic.net/~nomicwiki/index.php/BreakingTheRulesThesis