0x44 on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 08:12:12 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] My RP: Set everything.

Mike McGann wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2007 8:42 AM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> The Justice system is too slow as written to be able to properly
>> adjudicate the validity of actions.
>>

> I disagree. I think it was more of actions can be too fast. The first
> emergency was caused by game actions that were invalid but may have been
> valid if a Consultation became pondered. The second emergency was caused by
> every action being declared invalid. The method of declaring something
> invalid created an environment where the burden of proof was on the players
> to invalidate illegal actions. It really should be on the person performing
> the action--you need to convince others that your action is valid if others
> contest it. The pace of the game, with the exception of the flurry of recent
> game actions, seems fine to me.
>
> - Hose

In the current system, if an invalid action occurs, it can be rejected
within one nday. If a valid action is declared invalid, it takes 4ndays
to restore its validity (meanwhile other actions have occurred). In
Wonko's system if an invalid action occurs, it takes 4ndays to declare
it invalid. Meanwhile actions have occurred based on that action that
may or may not be valid.

The 4nday wait to determine the validity of an action is a problem, no
matter how you determine validity. The flurry of recent activity shows
that the Justice system doesn't scale.