Geoffrey Spear on Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:09:57 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Wooble's nweek 135 Refresh Proposal

On Dec 13, 2007 11:48 AM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > IRepeal Rule 1-22.
>

> Does Rule 1-22 exist? I don't think it does. Is this just here in case it
> does? Might as well Repeal Rule 1-17 along with it, just to make sure it's
> nice and gone. Also, if you're ratifying a public display of the rules at
> the end of this proposal, is it necessary to list these changes as more than
> a comment (by these changes i mean the ones that are already reflected in
> the ratified display...)?

Well, it was supposed to read "Rule 1-18".  That's what I get for
trying to write a Refresh Proposal before having any caffeine or
breakfast.

Honestly I don't see this typo as a huge problem, since as it's
written it has no effect and Rule 1-18 arguably itself has no effect;
it describes (vaguely, sure, but it doesn't say the description must
be exacting) a class of actions that includes every action not
described by any other rule.  Since 1-18 is itself a rule, all of
these actions are themselves regulated.  Or not.  Either way Rule 1-2
explicitly regulates every change to the gamestate so those actions
allowed by 1-18, if any, aren't part of the game.

> Again, it's a bit confusing as to whether 0x44 is to get only the 16 point
> addition reflected in the above display, or if he should be getting that
> plus another 16 point increase as specified above in this RP. Of course, I
> know what you intend, but I'm not sure it's what it says. As for the Rules
> display, it's not a confusing situation like this one because what goes into
> effect first is specified right below this, but some parts are just
> redundant as I said above.

The ratification takes place after the addition of points; the
instructions should be followed in order.

This is redundant, but ideally the ratification should have no effect
whatsoever on the gamestate, so it was my intention to explicitly make
any changes to the gamestate to make it what I think it should be
refreshed to, then make a sweeping ratification that causes any
changes we're not aware of missing because our Public Displays may
(or, hopefully, may not) be out of sync with the Platonic gamestate.

--Wooble