Ed Murphy on Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:54:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Sheesh

Hose wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2007 12:14 AM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Now can we PLEASE agree to stop this petty bickering and actually play
>> the damn game again?
>>

> Any ideas on how to do this? This is a sincere question.

Convince the relevant persons that they have long since crossed
the line of Not Fun.  Hopefully Wonko's rant will so convince them.

I agree with the interpretation that random claims are not Game
Actions, thus do not benefit from 1-10's ratification-unless-challenged
clause.  If everyone agrees to slow down for a day or two, then the
respective Ministers can sort through the message backlog and pick out
the valid actions, and then we can move forward from there.

Note that 1-10's RUC clause /does/ apply to activities that are
specified as Game Actions, but normally reserved to certain players,
e.g. only the Artisan may create blueprints.  The proper role of
this clause is to avoid having to perform a separate fix every time
an action is generally believed to be valid, then much later discovered
to have been invalid (e.g. we thought pikhq was the Artisan, but he
wasn't because of some technicality).