0x44 on Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:26:22 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] About panics

William Berard wrote:
> On 12/11/07, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'm panicking because anyone who feels like it can prevent anything
>> from happening in the game just by announcing that all of the actions
>> are Invalid.
>>

> On the other hand, you just have to log a consultation to make your
> action valid again.

It takes a minimum of 4ndays for a Consultation to become pondered. If
your action is not validated until 4ndays after the fact, Consultations
become meaningless. The rules as written allowed for the arbitrary, and
effectively untouchable invalidations of otherwise valid actions. The
Consultation system is too slow to handle that sort of thing, unless we
put in an exception for invalidated actions removing the 4nday delay for
comment, pithy insight, and other claims.

0x44;