comex on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:54:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Not a Proposal: Dependence Day

On Monday 10 December 2007, Mike McGann wrote:
> Yeah, this version of the "Distim a Dosh" rule

I agree, that should be the title of 2-8 :D

> The tweaks I said was too dangerous because with 3 (and even now with 4)
> it can be abused if membership is in dispute or broken. You say it
> shouldn't be used in this situation in the comments, but it doesn't
> prevent it from happening and it would work faster than anyone could
> press their panic buttons.
>
> If a group has a certain interest in changing something, they can easily
> do it through collusion using this.

Not really... even if your group were the only players, you still have to
wait 4 (although I think I might bump that back down to 2) rdays before
you can do anything.  Plenty of time for everyone to panic.

Maybe the single objection required to cancel them will make Tweaks hard to
perform, but I'd rather see that in practice before making it too easy.