Daniel Lepage on Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:28:18 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Use Sequential Rule Numbers

On Dec 5, 2007, at 2:53 PM, Roger Hicks wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007 6:44 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You do realize that lots of sequential numbers higher than 0 have
>> already been used for rules, right?
>>
>> Perhaps we should find the highest one that was used before the
>> current numbering scheme started in case anything ever gets done with
>> the old B database; if the historical rules become available we'll
>> want to avoid confusion.
>>
> I would be all for this if someone had the data. Anyone? Or perhaps we
> should just prefix the rule numbers with 3E (3rd Era)?

The highest proposal number ever used in B Nomic, as far as I can
tell, is 2056:

<proposal id="2056" rev="0">
<type>Standard Proposal</type>
<title>An nweekly subgame</title>
<author>Wonko</author>
<birthdate>
<nweek>84</nweek>
<nday>3</nday>
</birthdate>
Ok, here's something that can be done every nweek with no penalty if
you miss a few weeks. Basically, every week a different Literary Form
is chosen and the bonus for that form is doubled, so it becomes a
challenge to make lots of Limericks, or lots of Haikus, or what have
you.
]]

Create a new rule:
{{
__Literary Contest__

At the beginning of each nweek, the GM selects a Literary Form at
random. This form becomes the Canonical Form for that nweek. The Form
Bonus for props in Canonical Form is doubled.
}}</body>
</proposal>

Shortly after this proposal was made, the server that was hosting
bnomic.org metamorphosed into what The Dave described as a "$300
paperweight". The resulting emergency led to a dramatic restructuring
of the game, when a refresh proposal passed containing the text
"Replace the ruleset with:"

--
Wonko