Geoffrey Spear on Sat, 8 Dec 2007 19:47:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Naked ambition

On Dec 8, 2007 9:01 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 0x44 wrote:
>
> > All Ministries are vacated at 0:00 UTC on nday 1. If you wait about 21
> > hours, you're welcome to it. :)
>
> Is it that soon?  Anyway, just mentioning it so that Wooble doesn't
> automatically re-claim it out of inertia.  (If e re-claims it because
> e specifically wants to hang on to it, then that's fine, too.)

Well, he apparently missed the fact that daylight savings time ending
means that he's an hours farther away from UTC than he was, but it's
approximately that soon.

In any case, since the badly worded membership test went away and the
Registrar lost the power to arbitrarily deny registrations to enforce
what he thinks the rule was intended to do, I think the position has
become considerably less attractive.  Of course,  if p199 had passed I
would have been forced to have a cron job grab all of the ministries
for me at 0:00:01 UTC to help me economically dominate the game.
--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/