Mike McGann on Sat, 8 Dec 2007 06:39:23 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Some Game Actions

On Dec 7, 2007 10:44 AM, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I disagree here. I think the statements of these consultations should
> read more like this:
>
> "I do X with my panic button" is valid.
>
> In my opinion the caller should not be penalized for poor use of punctuation.

The problem is that the rule is too specific and that tends to be the
case with too many of the rules. It currently states:

 "An Outsider whose Game Action has been declared invalid may submit a
consultation whose text reads "XXX is valid", where XXX is the Game
Action they attempted to perform."

when I think it would be better to say:

 "An Outsider whose Game Action has been declared invalid may submit a
consultation disputing this claim"

Implementation details don't have to be specified all the time, but
when they are, you have to follow them as they are.

- Hose