Daniel Lepage on Thu, 6 Dec 2007 21:18:49 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Crime and Punishment

On Dec 6, 2007, at 2:33 PM, Roger Hicks wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007 12:20 PM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Once this rule is in place we could bring back the Cursed Sushi of
>> Babel.
>>
> My curiosity is piqued! Do tell.

The Cursed Sushi of Babel required that whatever player held it
sushify all messages he posted to the fora. To "sushify" a block of
text was to mangle it through Altavista's BabelFish translation
engine, either by translating it into Korean and then translating the
result back to English, or translating from English to French to
Spanish to German and back to English. The results were frequently
hilarious.

The most famous example of sushification is CFJ 218, from which we got
the phrase "Ass the flag thing in" (which for a while was a legal game
action, if you could get close enough to the Flag and you had a Can O'
Whoopass).

The CFJ, submitted by Glotmorf on nday 10 of nweek 3, read:
=
=
=
=
=
=
Does the Administrator qualify as a Public Forum under rule 28, since
he is "reasonably accessible to all players"? After all, anyone can
email him. (Note that neither "forum" nor "accessible" is currently
defined in the rules.) Specifically, is an action considered valid if
submitted directly to the Administrator, as opposed to submitting it
to spoon-business? Rule 31 seems to serve as precedent for conducting
business through the Administrator.
=
=
=
=
=
=
http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200201/msg00009.html

The ruling, from Rob Speer, read:
=
=
=
=
=
=

That the bill is incorrect, I administer justice. Objection
explanation: Him as being an aerial forum the executive official
assuredly the declaration summer solstice anh ass the flag thing in
because, him is not aerial forum.

But, consequently, the executive official as personal forum is spared
in this rule and that it does not know, it is vivid.

-- Plunder Speer
=
=
=
=
=
=
http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200201/msg00025.html

Rob then responded to questions about the meaning of his judgment:
=
=
=
=
=
=
I will attempt the fact that it explains.

Is aerial forum, it spreads out to confront, it hits.

Consequently, the executive official selects an aerial forum in rule
28. As he being aerial forum did not talk the executive official
assuredly.

When you see the web page of B Nomic, the aerial forum which is only
is the spoon enterprise.

It is unfortunate, in the side of equality ratiocination, in me the
spoon toe lon the spoon toe lon does the grudge multi roster inside
Great Britain and the forum spoon toe lon is not the forum in the
public affairs which it does and there is not a possibility of
talking. It excepts the inside a Korean. I did not prearrange that.

I understand the fact that this message does not do to be clear.

-- Plunder Speer
=
=
=