Geoffrey Spear on Thu, 6 Dec 2007 18:41:10 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Crime and Punishment

On Dec 6, 2007 12:33 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> :-D Uh-oh now it's bad to kill people. Interesting. I think what's missing
> in this proposal is to a) define what a fine is, i.e. something like the
> macks are automatically deducted from that player, and b) specify what
> happens to a player who is fined and does not have enough macks to pay up...
> point deduction similar to what can now happen with device auctions? what if
> not enough points for conversion either...

Good points; I'm planning to propose a banking system with the ability
to go into debt sometime this nweek, so that would make the second
point easy to deal with.

I think automatic deduction makes sense, unless we just make it a
requirement to pay the fine within some defined time period and make
it a crime not to do so, so players can rack up huge amounts of unpaid
fines until bounty hunters track them down in the hypothetical Grid
Game...
--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/