Mike McGann on Sun, 2 Dec 2007 06:58:35 +0100 (CET)

[s-d] Wiki changes

Two things prompted the changes I made.

First, when the voting period starts, all pending proposals have to
change to "open". This requires editing each proposal wiki page to
update the category. This wasn't bad, but now that we officially
(according to the rules) have more than insane number of proposals,
this was going to be a PITA.

Second, there is a Proposals/Author category, but this requires manual
updating if a Player changes their name which could be some work.

I updated the following for this nweek to see how it goes. Proposal
status categories have been removed. There is now a Pending Proposals
Page, and an Open Proposals Page. These pages show the text of all the
proposals by transclusion and have a TOC which is nice for browsing.
Changing all Pending proposals to Open is now just a cut and paste
between the two pages. There is also a History page that shows the
disposition of all proposals by nweek. This again will be easier to
update the Pass/Fail status without having to update every single
proposal page.

Author categories are also gone. The Proposal Pages and the History
Pages link to the Proposal's author's User page. If your name got
changed, a User redirect page was created (for example, this nweek's
proposals by Billy Pilgrim link to User:Billy Pilgrim which is a
redirect to User:bad_leprechaun). You can keep a list of all of your
proposals on your user page if you desire.

On the History page, I also added a link to the Ruleset and Player
pages as they were at the start of nweek 134. This could also be a
cool place to add a short summary of the game actions for the week.
Anyone up for whipping up a quick paragraph?

I also floated the TOC on the Rules page because it was getting long.

I'll document these changes later, probably in a page named "Administriva".

Comments or complaints?

- Hose