Justin Ahmann on Sat, 1 Dec 2007 15:45:21 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation

I'd say that "not prohibited or regulated" means ~<PvR>, which, by De Morgan's Law, is equivalent to <~P^~R>, meaning "neither prohibited nor regulated."

You seem to interpret it as <~Pv~R>, equating to ~<P^R>.  By this logic, "not prohibited or regulated" means "not both prohibited and regulated."

Somebody else (let's say comex) might look at it as <~PvR>, or ~<P^~R>.  comex would say that actions (not necessarily Game Actions) are allowed iff they are not prohibited, but they are regulated.

My interpretation appears most consistent with the intent of the rule, whereas yours is presumably a loophole.  Our fellow player comex, however, isn't allowed to do anything outside the game (e.g. type, eat, breathe...)

Pseudopriest Codae

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx>
To: discussion list for B Nomic <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 1, 2007 7:58:29 AM
Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation

On Dec 1, 2007 7:01 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, if we select a Refresh Proposal that ZOTs all pending
> proposals, which seems overwhelmingly likely at this point, it would
> be a waste of time to Answer anything.

But an Answer now, while not binding because of the impending ZOT, may
be effective in deterring the same Consultation(s) after the restart.

Also, since I'm not a fan of the "Whatever is not prohibited or
regulated by a rule is permitted and
unregulated," I plan on having some fun with that on the restart. With
an "or", that can also read as "Whatever is not prohibited by a rule
is permitted and unregulated." Unless someone beats me to it first.

- Hose