Geoffrey Spear on Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:08:14 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] Invalid Refresh Proposals ?

I say it's ambiguous at worst, and can be retroactively changed and/or
accepted as within the spirit of the rules in a Consultation after the
Emergency is over.

In any event, it's certainly impossible under the rules for a Pondered
Consultation to come into effect while the Pause is still ongoing
saying that the questionable Ballot I'm going to distribute is
illegal; having the Answer become Pondered is dependent on ntime and
as such is postponed.

It occurs to me that we should have formed a military before
considering declaring war on Agora, since:
a. we'd be a lot more likely to win a war with a military, and
b. The Minister of Defense could declare Martial Law.

On Nov 30, 2007 12:00 PM, William Berard <william.berard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Same here. We are still under a ruleset that makes anything which is not
> explicitely prohibited implicitely legal. ergo, I consider
> revising/retracting RP to be legal, and hinted at in Rule 0 if one cares to
> use a minimal amount of common sense when reading it.
>

> On 11/30/07, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Personally, I'm fine with proposals being revised and retracted as is
> > and consider it to be legal.
> >
> > - Hose
> >
> > On Nov 30, 2007 11:56 AM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Do we need a meta-emergency to deal with this? Or, rather, will we
> > > accept that it is common sense that having a discussion about rule
> > > changes will necessarily cause people to need to revise their suggested
> > > changes to the rules and game state?

Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/