Geoffrey Spear on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:20:37 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Will's Meta Refresh Proposal Proposal

Proto-refresh proposal:

{
The Emergency Coordinator shall collect the Alternative Ballots posted
to the Emergency Forum during the Pause and tally the votes for each
SubProposal.

If SubProposal A received a majority of YES votes on the alternative
ballots, do the following:
{{
Make some changes to the gamestate here.
}}
If SubProposal B received a majority of YES votes on the alternative
ballots, do the following:
{{
Make some other changes here.
}}

}

--Wooble

On Nov 27, 2007 3:17 AM, William P. Berard
<william.berard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 27 nov. 07, à 06:39, Kerim Aydin a écrit :
>

> > On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, William P. Berard wrote:
> >> I think the downside of refresh proposal is that they come in a All or
> >> nothing package. Which, in my opinion, is a real shame, because I see
> >> lots of very good Ideas there, and I think ithey deserve to be
> >> discussed and voted properly, individually, with points awarded to
> >> their creators.
> >>
> >> So here is my idea, it might be a bit lateral, thinking-wise, but here
> >> it goes.
> >
> > Not to disrupt your idea, but there's another possibility.  One
> > can write a proposal in sections, with instructions as follows.
> >
> > 1.  In addition to voting for this proposal as a whole, please vote
> > on each subsection.
> > A.  If votes for Subsection A get enough votes, then A happens...
> >
> > [etc.]
> >
> > That way a single package can pass with sections that actually fail.
> > (Credit to Murphy for this idea).
> >

> the problem is that I think this would be tricky to apply in an
> Emergency refresh proposal vote situation.
>

> If I read rule 0 right where  vote for a single refresh proposal, as in
> ,they have one vote, and pick a proposal, like when people vote to
> elect someone, they do not vote for or against, each individual
> proposal. So I do not think refresh proposal van be voted in any other
> way than a single package, hence my idea of goint to a sub-emergency
> where we could vote for proposal in a referendum fashion (for or
> against, without exclusion.)
>
> But I will amend my text to state that Players can submit LArge
> proposal provided they are divided in subsection and independent vote
> is don for it subsection (and, as such, dependencies withins
> subsections will have to be mentioned)

Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/