William P. Berard on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:08:32 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] BobTHJ's Refresh Proposal

Le 27 nov. 07, à 04:13, Mike McGann a écrit :

> Quick thought that I will throw out even though people will probably
> not like it--would having a dedicated game master and judge be a good
> thing? Someone who isn't a player and doesn't have a stake in the
> game, that can rule on issues and change game state to fix things as
> they see fit. A flaw in any justice system that is composed of players
> is that they are always playing in the best interest of themselves.
> I'm not sure how it could effectively be implemented since it would
> put a huge dependency on one person. Just an idea.

Funny you should mention that, but I was just talking about this with
0x44 on IRC last night (well, last night GMT), he pointed out "what
wouls be the incentive to play", but I think status, recognition and
intellectual stimulation should be enough...

And I went to bed thinking of a proposal for after the Emergency
suggesting this. there need not to be a huge dependency on one person
if we limit the power of said person right. I've got a couple of ideas
for this, but I think, at any rate, this should be put to the side
until we get out of Panic...

This could very well be submitted as part of my Meta Refresh proposal,
though.. :p