Kerim Aydin on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:46:58 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] BobTHJ's Refresh Proposal

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Mike McGann wrote:
> Does common sense really apply in a nomic? If you start out the rules
> of a card game saying that it uses a 52 card deck, common sense tells
> you what the deck is composed of. In a nomic, if that is all you say,
> people will argue about what kind of deck it is, what is the actual
> composition of the cards, and then submit a Consultation that their
> Pokemon deck of 52 cards is valid.

In the face-to-face (Suber) nomic, you're required to make a meta-
agreement right off the bat on how to cast a vote.  I've been in games
that decided show of hands, around the table aye/nay, putting go stones
into a jar, etc.  That single meta-decision, in all cases I've been in,
affected the rest of the gameplay more than any actual proposal.

-Goethe