Kerim Aydin on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:17:33 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] BobTHJ's Refresh Proposal

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Josiah Worcester wrote:
> On Monday 26 November 2007 14:49:41 Roger Hicks wrote:
>
>> I really suggest you bring up this topic on the Agoran forums, as the
>> legalists over there should be able to make quite the case for
>> "permissible unless regulated" (they seem to really enjoy debating
>> these horrendously abstract concepts on a regular basis). I'm sure
>> there has been a plethora of Agoran CFJs on the issue. I'm fairly
>> certain every Agoran player (with the exception of myself) has a PhD
>> in Logic, Computer Science, Mathematics, Law, and just about any other
>> topic you could think of.
>>
> I hate to tell you this, but I don't even have a high-school diploma yet.
> (I'll be majoring in computer science & mathematics, if it matters ;))

oh hey, other end here.  36, with a kid, living in Seattle... afraid an
Agoran-stereotype PhD (sorry!), but in marine bio and not math or logic or
cabbage or something.  Work for NOAA, spend some time in the field but
too much time arguing with lawyers about rules^H^H^H^Hregulations defining
arbitrary and capricious.  In my spare time I'm designing a card game
called "status quo", in which each player is a member of a committee trying
to force the other players to make an actual decision.  It's autobiographical.

-Goethe