Daniel Lepage on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:13:25 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] Casual Query

I'm a first year grad student at the University of Virginia, aiming at
a PhD in Computer Science specializing in Graphics. My current
research is in remote rendering.

I got started on Nomic in high school when a friend of mine learned
about it at some camp or other. Anyway, we were already big on Mao,
and we were used to learning large rulesets from playing MtG, so we
started up a face to face nomic club at our high school. A little
while later I discovered that people play nomic online, and I joined B
Nomic on Nday 7 of Nweek 2 (December 20th, 2001).

Incidentally, we argued about permissibility of the unprohibited then,
too.

http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business-200112/msg00038.html

It's funny the way these things seem to go in cycles.

The friend who introduced to Nomic, by the way, used to play B Nomic
under the name The Voice, but since he quit something like four years
ago I don't think anyone but Antonio would remember him.

Two more fun facts that people may not be aware of: The Dave used to
be the Administrator of B Nomic, back in the Old Days, and as such has
been involved in the game longer than any other living human (since
the game started precisely when he announced that he did). Antonio
comes in second, having become the First Player of B Nomic a little
under 2 hours in.

--
Wonko