Ed Murphy on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 04:41:02 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] BobTHJ's Refresh Proposal

Goethe wrote:

> Actually, no one likes these solutions.  The couple of cases of "tracking
> states" was where someone specifically set up a paradox that made two
> states... no one's ever tracked more than two that I know of...

I believe Zefram once tracked one that split into fourteen possible
states, just on the identity of officers alone.  That one was eventually
fixed by forcing a collapse of the two officers relevant to adopting
proposals (by having everyone else say "I resign <office> if I hold
it"), then adopting a ratification-type proposal.