Roger Hicks on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:27:44 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] BobTHJ's Refresh Proposal

On Nov 26, 2007 1:12 PM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2007 2:57 PM, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > {
> > All Proposals with a status of Open become Historical with a win-state
> > of Lost. No awards or penalties are assessed.
>
> Did you mean to say Pending? If so, I'm up for just throwing out every
> proposal for this nweek--no Historical with win-state of Lost to
> reduce paperwork.

I was retaining the record of these for the sake of history, since
proposal numbers have already been assigned.

> > The AFO becomes a player (if it is not one already). The AFO ceases to
> > be a Faction (if it is one).
>
> Can we just throw out the AFO as a Player for now and work with it
> after the restart since this was a heated debate?

Fair enough.

> > Add the following rule to Section 1:
> > {{
> > Whatever is not prohibited or regulated by a rule is permitted and
> > unregulated. However, for the purposes of this rule an action is
> > regulated if described by a rule.
> > }}
>
> This is the flaw in the original Suber ruleset and should not be added.

What is flawed about it? I personally never saw this as a flaw, and
every other nomic I know of (with the exception of B) has this rule
(or a close variant thereof).

BobTHJ