Mike McGann on Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:58:04 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] For the win

On Nov 26, 2007 1:50 PM, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Blueprint creation is regulated by the Artisan and therefore it is not
> permissible for anyone else to create a blueprint.

I don't think the word "may" is strong enough to be considered
"regulation". And I still think that if the rules do not allow it, it
cannot be done. If I play a game of bridge, can I say, "By flipping
this card, I gain 100 points below the line" and win that way?
Flipping cards to get points is not "regulated". The Rules tell us how
to play the game and that is it. If I do recall, this reasoning comes
from Suber's original ruleset which was flawed in this exact way.

- Hose