Kerim Aydin on Fri, 23 Nov 2007 02:44:05 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Registration, consultation, proposal

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, comex wrote:
> The fact that the AFO is acting on behalf of its agents is irrelevant.
> That the AFO acts in the legislated way, I think, is undisputable.
> When the AFO is actually sending the email, it is its agents that
> (like the mail routers) are going between itself and the non-agents.

That's a nice legal fiction you've got there.  The "AFO" doesn't send
anything.  It's agents agree to, and one of it's agents does. Calling
it "from the AFO" is a way of avoiding personal responsibility for the
agents... which may or may not be legal (its legal for U.S. corporations,
for example).  But shouldn't be mistaken for the "real thing."  All the
other membership tests require the "real thing" (e.g. no group minds,
proof of individuality) so its surprising that this consultation let
the email requirement slide through on this fiction, when its the agents,
not the AFO, that *originate* the sending and *terminate* the receiving.

-Goethe