Mike McGann on Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:06:51 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Vested Interests

Yeah, a script could work well. Best if run on a machine where no players
have root. The script could be run, via setuid, under a user account that no
one has access to. Any state it wants to persist in files could be 600 of
that user and then no one could look at the state even if they wanted to. Of
course, there would have to be contingencies to handle situations when the
script fails to work properly.

- Hose