Daniel Lepage on Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:56:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Vested Interests

On Nov 13, 2007, at 4:34 PM, comex wrote:

> On Monday 12 November 2007, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
>> Hose's first objection is killer. I can't find any way around it. I
>> withdraw Proposal 175.
>
> Using a script would be a good way to provide a paper trail.  As
> long as
> the maintainer of the script wasn't a complete jerk who modified the
> records, there are no problems with secrecy.  Even then, legislate
> it so
> that the version announced to the Public Forum is authoritative, so
> problems would not result in paradoxes.  Require all players to
> actively
> look up whether they are DA, Apologist, or neither, so that they can't
> really complain when they haven't.

A script could also require the selected players to confirm that they
got the message, either by email or by webform.

Also, I think we're all good people - I trust everyone here not to
cheat like that. Many interesting things are only possible if we
assume that we can trust players not to destroy the game out of spite.

--
Wonko