Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:38:20 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal:

I originally wanted a way to force (by support and objection or something)
authors to accept conflicts onto their proposals that are pointed out by
others. But then I looked again and my interpretation of the conflict rules
is now that if 2 rules are in conflict, only one need have a conflict clause
in order to make the conflict rules apply. As a matter of fact, having a
conflict clause on one's own proposal cannot hurt its chances, as if my
proposal contains a note that it conflicts with yours, then you proposal is
struck down if my proposal passes with higher strength, but there is no
possibility of my proposal being struck down by yours unless you also apply
a conflict to it. It's in your advantage to do so, the way I see it. And the
second part of what I'm proposing here basically is there to prevent someone
from reserving a low proposal number in order to gain an advantage in such
conflict if that comes up. Though it does seem to be open to abuse by the
Chairman...

Billy Pilgrim