Geoffrey Spear on Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:59:10 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Rethinking

I'm not convinced they do. I'm just shocked there wasn't a second
objection to the hand grenade; it's not like the options for stopping
overly powerful devices aren't there.  A measly 2 objections should be
incredibly easy to muster against anything overly powerful, and even
with a missed objection deadline 2 players can submit impossibly high
bids if one of them is willing to take the penalty for failing to
purchase the device.

It's actually orders of magnitude easier to pass any arbitrarily
abusive proposal than it is to create an abusive device.

On Oct 31, 2007 8:52 AM, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I propose:
>
> {{
> __Hold on a sec__
>
> Repeal rules 3-12 and 3-14.
>
> [[Obviously these need to be thought out a bit more before we can use
> them.]]
>
> }}
>
> --
> Wonko