Daniel Lepage on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:48:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: An Indecent Proposal

On Oct 30, 2007, at 11:08 PM, Mike McGann wrote:

> I submit the following Proposal, titled "An Indecent Proposal":
>
> {{
> Amend Rule 2-6 by removing the following text:
> {{
> If the Proposal Failed and was never Won, then its Author loses 3
> points.
> }}

There should be some incentive not to make a thousand proposals each
nweek.

> Change the Trigger for the Victory Condition named "Win By Legislative
> Dominance" to:
> {{
> Three proposals made by the same player, during the same nweek, pass
> and have no votes AGAINST.
> }}

It seems to me that this will happen all the time. Minor corrections,
for example, usually pass unopposed. The goal of Legislative
Dominance was not to let you win whenever you make a few good
proposals, but to award a win if you literally took over the
legislative scene.

Which, admittedly, has been a pretty sad scene of late.

> Amend Rule 1-4 by adding the following text:
> {{
> The following Player names shall not be allowed, irregardless of
> character capitalization or whitespace: "Robert Redford", "Demi
> Moore", "Woody Harrelson".
> }}

"Irregardless"? Also, I think we should add "Garth Brooks", for
historical reasons.

--
Wonko