Daniel Lepage on Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:29:13 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Devices, hey!

On 10/14/07, Mike McGann <nomic@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes. But with a proposal, it could take a full nweek to become a rule.
> To become a rule, it requires action--people have to vote and there
> has to be a majority. If nobody votes, it doesn't become a rule. With
> a blueprint, if it becomes an additional method for "creating" rules,
> it can be done in only 2 ndays and requires people to take action, by
> 2 objections, to prevent it from happening. Default action for a
> blueprint is for it to be created. Default action for a proposal is to
> fail. It could become an attack vector to try and slip something
> through hoping that everyone else is too busy with life in those two
> ndays to notice.

So perhaps we should leave out the ability to produce Devices without
proposals entirely. That gets rid of this problem, and also of the
problem of competing for the Ministry just to control that power.

--
Wonko