Mike McGann on Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:08:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Devices, hey!

Basically, this is the same as:

For 3-12:
* Remove the distinction between uniqueness and non-uniqueness.
* Rename DOO to Deviceholder.
* Remove the "device owner" attribute and simply have a device owner.
* Allow a Player to refuse a transfer of a device. This is an
important addition because there doesn't seem to be a way to refuse a
transfer or a way to destroy or dispose of an unwanted device. Could
lead to a very interesting hot potato situation if the current rule
isn't amended.
* Add the mechanic for <cost>:<effect> and the term Sacrifice. This
could just be added using the existing framework of "effect",
"conditions", and "triggers" and defined in addition to the current
rules.
* Remove the "power has no effect" rule if ambiguous.

Other comments:
Current reading of Sacrifice seems that a Player may destroy the
object but is not required to do so since the wording says "implicitly
permits the deviceholder to do so"

For 3-14:
* Remove distinction between uniqueness and non-uniqueness.
* Remove the ability of the Artisan to change the price of a blueprint.
* Add that the price can be in any combination of currencies.
* Add a rule precedence

Other comments:
Current amendment seems to use the term "price" and "cost"
interchangeably when they shouldn't be. The phrase: "the Ministry
immediately instantiates that blueprint and gives a copy to that
player" is confusing. A copy of the blueprint or the device? Nothing
is copied. A device is simply created from the blueprint.

Some of it I'm neutral on, some of it I don't think should change. I
think the "power has no effect" rule if ambiguous is important and I
kind of like what is already in the rules.

- Hose