Daniel Lepage on Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:36:03 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Bureaucracy of Bureaucracies

On Oct 10, 2007, at 11:43 PM, Mike McGann wrote:

> Establishing a BoB is a setup for later proposals. In the proposal,
> "Devices, hey!", I didn't like that the Minister of Goods receives
> currency for generating blueprints. Acting as an Minister should be
> for the general good, not for personal gain (even if it is only in
> terms of mackerel--see fixed income for services in Proposal 0152). If
> the proposal for the BoB passes, I would then like to submit another
> proposal in the next nweek to establish a Treasury for the BoB that
> holds all funds collected by all of the Ministries in the course of
> doing their duties. Of course, Ministries in the BoB could withdraw
> funds from this Treasury to fund their operations (even though this is
> not defined yet).

The Minister doesn't get the money, the *Ministry* does. At the
moment there's no way for it to spend it, so it'll sit there until
somebody proposes a way. Nothing allows Ministers to spend money held
by their Ministries.

> I only proposed the term "Commissioner" to replace "MiniMin" as a way
> to differentiate positions in the BoB compared to those that are not.
> If you really prefer the "MiniMin" term, I'll submit a revised
> proposal that leaves that change out.

Differentiate from what? There's no method in your proposal that
would create MiniMinistries within the BoB, so all such ministries
must be outside the BoB anyway.

> Also, I liked where the "Devices, hey!" proposal was going with the
> MT:G style devices, but as it stands, I cannot support it. The
> amendments to Rule 3-12 and 3-14 need some clarification and should be
> submitted separate from the spawning of four blueprints defined at the
> end of the Proposal. The Tinfoil Hat I like, but the other three are
> like the Black Lotus, Timewalk, and Forcefield.

I fail to see the parallels between my objects and these cards...
Maybe between Black Lotus and the Duplicator, but what do the others
have to do with each other?

--
Wonko