Geoffrey Spear on Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:40:27 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Ballot for nweek 129

On 8/16/07, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Geoffrey Spear wrote:
> > I vote as follows:
> >
> >> Proposal   Author                     Title
> >> 141           Wooble                   Fix Faction Loophole
> > FOR [The reason that this is a loophole is that as it's written the
> > rule doesn't actually require the Faction to decide to join B Nomic; a
> > Player can cause an Agreement to join as a Faction unilaterally unless
> > the Agreement specifically forbids it]
>
> I don't think it would work. And if it does work, then it might be
> intended for that faction to work that way, or the agreement is
> exceptionally badly worded, and that's hardly our fault.
>
> With your amendment in place factions can join Bnomic just by deciding
> to do so, even without notifying the public forum, and even bypassing
> whatever barriers we might choose to place for the registration of
> factions. For me the fix is worse than the problem it fixes.

My amendment didn't remove the text that allows a faction to join as a
Game Action, it only created a condition that the Agreement explicitly
decided to become a Faction.

--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/