Antonio Dolcetta on Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:00:48 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] I'll make my own faction then

On 30 Jul 2007, at 23:45, Roger Hicks wrote:

> On 7/30/07, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> You will have to work *really* hard to convince me that a piece of
>> paper can be sentient
>>
> I guess I should clarify. I don't believe a piece of paper is
> sentient. My statement is that we truly don't know if any of us are
> sentient. For all I know every other player of B Nomic is a piece of
> paper that has a human or artifical proxy acting on their behalf (with
> or without their consent). Assuming we are in fact all human players,
> our computers still serve as our representation in B Nomic, and
> computers (at least most would argue) are non-sentient. Which is why
> it is counter-intuitive to determine that I can't serve as a proxy for
> Primo Corporation because the rules don't allow it.

While I too disagree with the reasoning of the answer to consultation
15, I don't see what that has to do with the sentience of paper (or
of computers or of anything else).

<rant>
Try as we might we will never be able to have our voice heard in
Primo. It is (by design, or more probably by accident) rigged in a
way that effectively prevents a newcomer like me to gain a portion of
shares sufficient to wrest control. Thus it's effectively your vote
multiplication puppet.

It is only natural that in this situation Primo is not very popular
in B nomic, where it has always been "one man, one vote". Thus we
chose to roll with it, and accept the ruling of Consultation 15 as it
came. There's nothing mysterious about it.

An before someone labels it as petty or hypocritical behavior, this
sort of thing has always happened in all nomics, Just look at the
most honorable agora, where the exact same thing is happening with
cfj 1684(a). If the majority of players wants something to happen
strongly enough, it will happen. Nomic is a game of politics.
</rant>