Antonio Dolcetta on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:30:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] proosal: objecting made public

Daniel Lepage wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Antonio Dolcetta <antonio.dolcetta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> title: objecting made public
>> [[ Objections must be public to work ]]
>>
>> in Rule 6-4: Usurping Ministries,
>> amend {
>> Players other than the current Minister of that Ministry have until the
>> second time midnight UTC occurs afterward to Object to that action.
>> }
>> to read:
>> {
>> Players other than the current Minister of that Ministry have until the
>> second time midnight UTC occurs afterward to Object to that action on a
>> Public Forum.
>> }
>
> Isn't Objecting a Game Action, and therefore required to be on a
> Public Forum anyway?

The only "definition" of Objecting, is in the tidiness rules. There it's
something you can perform as a game action.

Any player may as a Game Action Object to a Tidiness List, in this case
the Tidiness List is discarded, and has no effect.

when I started writing this proposal I wanted to make a formal
definition of Objecting so that we could use it for other things too, so
I went and looked at agora's version.
They have a very thorough and complete definition, that is also some 2
pages long.
Since I didn't want to outright copy that, and I don't think I can write
a new version that is short and effective and still at least as good as
that one, I chickened out.